Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Casual Collaboration

Though I've been apprehensive about losing the momentum built across last month's period of intensive writing, I have been eager to shift gears. Specifically, I've been excited to extract myself from the solitary patterns and heavy navel gazing with which writing sometimes seems synonymous. I can't take the interiority...
If my residency had gone on another month I would have conducted more experiments in appropriation and sought out opportunities for collaboration and co-authorship. Singular voices seem flimsy, possibly irrevocably dated.
Sunday morning I was doodling on the back of my roommate's workshop notes (talented poet, Liza Milhander) when I realized those things were covered with suggestions for imagery!--The perfect antidote for my horror vacui and an ideal opportunity for casual collaboration.




No comments:

Post a Comment